The other day, I was scrambling for a quick breakfast. I had just gone to the market and bought a loaf of sprouted bread with a few new packages of my favorite silken firm tofu. I like the tofu that’s in a vacuumed sealed carton. It’s so silky and smooth. I grabbed some nut butter, this time peanut butter but, cashew and almond butters work great too. For nut free butters, try sun butter. My son likes the packages of apple slices and grabbed a pack along with my beloved chia seeds. So, here you go, the most delicious and quick breakfast or lunch, snack, you name it anytime light meal.
Nut Butter Tofu Toast with Chia Seeds and Apple Slices
This recipe is for one serving
- 2 slices whole gran bread, I used sprouted bread
- 1-2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 medium slice silken firm tofu
- 2 -4 apple slices
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flaxseeds, optional
- Toast the bread to make it brown and crunchy.
- While the toast is toasting, slice tofu to a medium thickness.
- Spread nut butter on hot toast, it will start to melt in, delish!
- Place tofu on top then apple slices. Sprinkle chia seeds.
ENJOY THE HEALTHY GOODNESS!