I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! That’s the truth. This recipe is so simple and easy to make. Enjoy every cool, chocolate spoonful.
My family loves ice cream, especially chocolate ice cream. I didn’t want to buy another appliance so, I came up with this really simple and easy recipe for a luscious, creamy chocolate ice cream that tastes homemade and it is! The perfect base recipe. Great as is or throw some chocolate chips or nuts in. We like making hot fudge sundaes or scooping on cones. Anyway is the right way.
No Machine – Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- 12 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, fat free also works
- 14 ounce can evaporated milk, fat free also works
- 1 cup half and half (not fat free )
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder (natural, not Dutch processed for this recipe)
- whipped cream or whipped topping, I used aerosol from the can
- sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl whisk all ingredients until nicely combined. Remember to sift the cocoa powder or there will be lumps in the ice cream.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Place plastic wrap right on the surface of the ice cream. This helps prevent freezer burn. It is an important step.
- Freeze for at least 7 hours.
- When you take your ice cream out of the freezer it will be very firm, You may want to wait a few minutes to soften the ice cream up a bit and for easier scooping. Enjoy every last spoonful!
Calories per serving: 226