This is my new go-to breakfast lately. My kids and husband really enjoy it as well. I prepare a few at night, then in the morning we all can grab one and take with us or sit and relax while enjoying this hearty yet light breakfast. It’s got all you need for a strong, healthy start to your day. The yogurt gives a great boost of protein while the oats and fruits give you healthy carbs and energy. Add in things you know your family will like. Sometimes I add granola in the morning so it stays crunchy. Also, dried fruit is tasty and gives a nice chew. We even enjoy this for lunch some days when in a rush or for a healthy, nutritious snack. See and taste for yourself.
No Cook Overnight Oats and Greek Yogurt Parfait with Berries
This recipe is for 1. You can easily make more servings.
- ½ cup oats, you can use instant or old fashioned
- 1 container, 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk plus 2 Tbsp any milk works, I used almond milk for this recipe but 2 percent also works well
- 1½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup to to ¾ cup fresh or frozen berries, some for overnight and some for the morning
- Optional add-ins, unsweetened coconut, chopped nuts and dried fruit
- Use a glass jar, such as a Mason jar. A 16-ounce jar is best and can be found at Target, Michaels or any dollar store.
- First toss in oats, pour in milk with chia seeds. Stir well to combine.
Add some berries, just a few for a thin layer.
- Next, add yogurt. Top with more berries.
- Close jar tightly and leave in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, open jar, toss in more berries, close back up or eat right away. Wait until you taste this, it’s amazing!Enjoy the healthy goodness and enjoy your day.
Note, highlighted ingredients are ones I used in this recipe and many of my other recipes. These are only suggestions. 🙂