Submitted by: Liz Hughes
If the Monday blues have you down, try this mood boosting cherry chocolate oatmeal smoothie for a quick dose of happiness.
Mood Boosting Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (use can also you GF oats)
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (divided) – I used 2 squares of 60% cacao Ghiradelli chocolate
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon flax oil
- 4 ice cubes
- In a blender combine the first 4 ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/2 of the dark chocolate, honey, flax oil and ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
- Grate the remaining chocolate and sprinkle it on top.
Additional Delectable Smoothie Recipes: