This simple and healthy smoothie sure brings my mood to a happy one. It’s a delicious way to start the day. Thanks to Liz for sharing this delicious smooth recipe. Enjoy!
If the Monday blues have you down, try this mood boosting cherry chocolate oatmeal smoothie for a quick dose of happiness.
Mood Boosting Dark Chocolate Cherry Banana Oat Smoothie
Yields: 1 smoothie
Submitted by: Liz Hughes
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (you can also you GF oats)
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (divided) – I used 2 squares of 60% cacao Ghiradelli chocolate
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon flax oil or flax seeds
- 4 ice cubes
- In a blender combine the first 4 ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/2 of the dark chocolate, honey, flax oil and ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
- Grate the remaining chocolate and sprinkle it on top.