These brownies are rich and decadent and still lower in calories than a regular brownie. Sour cream adds to the richness and the chips bring this to a whole new level of yumminess.
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
- 2/3 cup date, coconut or granulated cane sugar, regular sugar is fine if you can’t find the two other sugars.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder, you can use regular cocoa powder but the Dutch in this recipe really works to bring out the deep dark chocolate flavor. I used Hershey Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp sea or Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, I used these yummy chips…
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 X 8 square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand held mixer, beat the sugar with the butter until fluffy, add the vanilla, egg and sour cream.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients with a whisk until all lumps are gone. Add this mixture to the wet and stir until completely combined with a rubber spatula. Dip down deep to get any dry mix.
- Pour into pan and spread to level. Sprinkle chips over top.
- Bake for about 15 to 22 minutes on top rack of oven. Try not to over bake. Toothpick should come with moist crumbs and the top should slightly spring back.
- Let cool on wire rack, cut into 12 squares and enjoy!