This moist and delicious cake is from my dear friend Regina. It’s her mother’s recipe and she’s kept up the tradition by making it for her family like her mom did for all their family events.
Marge is my friend Regina’s mother. This is her cake recipe that she use to bring to every family event. As Regina said, “It brings back some great memories each time I make it.” Love the classics from our family members. This is one special cake and so easy to make. A winner! Thanks to Regina for sharing it!!
Marge’s Lemon Cake
Yields: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- powdered sugar for topping
- 1/2 of a 1 lb. box of confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an angel food cake pan or a bundt pan would work too.
- Combine all cake ingredients and mix for 5 minutes with a medium speed mixer. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Once done, let cool for about 15 to 20 minutes, take knife and go around edges to loosen the cake. Invert pan to remove cake.
- Combine all ingredients of the glaze and pour over the cake while still warm.
Note: You may want to serve with berries and whipped cream. Looks beautiful and tastes great together. Of course the cake tastes amazing on it’s own too.