Here’s an easy recipe for the most decadent tasting layered pie that’s creamy and luscious with a nice crunch from the pecans. Enjoy!
Here is a recipe that I just thought of while putting things away in my new Skinny Sweets Daily pantry. We recently moved to a new house and there has been a lot of construction going on while we are living here. It can be very messy and a bit stressful. I had to put my dessert making on hold for a while. I was able to put together quick dinners for my family but it wasn’t easy to create my dessert recipes. I was getting so antsy that I asked the contractor to please finish the kitchen ASAP so I can start cooking with a full kitchen as well as getting my blog recipes on their way to you. He was so accommodating and finished in record time and I must say, I am so happy with the way my new kitchen came out along with the rest of the house.
I wanted to make something special for the great team that was here and at the same time get their honest opinion of this recipe. So I guess this recipe is dedicated to our great contractor John and his co- workers, Michael, Danny and Marco. Oh and by the way, they loved the pie. Since they finished the whole thing, I had to make another one for my family and they loved it just as much. I hope you give this one a try. It really is luscious and decadent with a little bit of messy thrown in. LOL!
Nutrition: calories 210.1, fat 6.2 g, carbs 33.1 g, fiber .5 g, sugars 17.4 g, sodium 398 mg, protein 4.1 g
Luscious Multi-Layer Pecan Pudding Mud Pie
Makes 9 slices
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/3 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cups chopped pecans toasted, (To do this, place in a 300 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes until very lightly browned. Do not over brown. Take out and let cool until ready to use.)
- 1 3/4 cups skim or low fat milk
- 2 packages sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A couple of pecans for decoration, optional
- Shaved chocolate for decoration, optional
- In a small saucepan, place the sweetened condensed milk along with the 2 tbsp chocolate chips over low heat. Stir just until the chocolate melts into the milk. Take off the heat. Let cool a few minutes then pour into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the mixture and place in fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, In a large mixing bowl add the skim milk along with the two boxes of pudding mix. Beat with a wire whisk until thick. This takes about 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and mix gently.
- Spoon about a cup of the pudding over the pecans. Spread evenly. Set back in fridge until your next layer is ready.
- Stir half of the Cool Whip into the remaining pudding. Mix gently. Now take out the pie again and place this layer over the last. Spread evenly.
- Take the remaining Cool whip and spread over the top of the pie and you can now make a pretty design or just smooth nicely.
- Place in fridge for at least 3 hours and then garnish as desired.