This is a delicious and simple recipe to follow. Creamy pudding and moist lemony cake. How yummy! Enjoy!
This easy-peasy cake is fun to make with the kids. Let them whisk up the pudding and spread on the whipped topping. Great for any time of year. Always a big hit with family and friends.
Lively Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
Yields: 16 servings
- 1 package white cake mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 4 cups cold milk – I used 2 percent
- 2 packages (4 serving size) of instant lemon pudding mix – I used sugar free
- 1 tub Cool Whip or non-dairy whipped topping – I used the light version
- lemon zest, gives a bright lemon flavor to the topping
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package using the egg whites, water and oil.
- With an electric or handheld mixer, mix ingredients for 2 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, make sure all ingredients are combined and pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on package – try not to overbake.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on wire rack for ten minutes.
- Poke holes down through cake to bottom of pan with round handle of wooden spoon.
- Prepare pudding
- Pour about half of the mixture evenly over warm cake and into holes.
- Let remaining pudding mixture stand until slightly thickened. Spoon over top of cake and spread.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take out, spread whipped topping, garnish with lemon zest and wedge
- Place in fridge for another 2 hours.
Slice up and dig in!