We were having friends over the other night and I wanted to throw something together for dessert. I had crescent rolls in the fridge and had a can of apple pie filling. How much easier can you get? So, I knew I could figure something out. I was pleasantly surprised how pretty they looked and everyone loved them. Try this easy recipe out and enjoy these little cute tartlets.
Nutrition: calories 76.3, fat 2.9 g, carbs 11.2 g, fiber 0.4 g, sugars 3 g, sodium 155.6 mg, protein 1.4 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
- 1 tube reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup canned apple pie filling
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Betty Crocker super moist cake mix, any vanilla or white flavor
- 3 tbsp stick butter or whipped butter
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, have mini muffin pan misted with cooking spray, inside and around the opening of the muffing cup.
- Have a large cutting board out on the counter. Open the tube of crescent rolls and lay out. Cute them into 16 pieces. They don’t have to be perfect when cutting them.
- Place them into the muffin cups and keep them inside the cup, they will puff up on their own.
- Cut the apples from the apple pie filling into tiny pieces. Place about a teaspoon of the filling into each cup. You will probably have more than enough for each one. Set aside while you get the crumb topping ready.
- In a medium bowl combine the cake mix, oatmeal, cinnamon and butter. You can use a pastry cutter or wash your hands in cold water and crumble it up with your fingers. Again, you will probably have more than enough.
- Now top each tartlet with your topping.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn them. Check after 10 minutes. Take the tartlets out and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then with the tip of a knife or wooden skewer, pop them out onto the cooling rack. Take a big bite and enjoy!