A beautiful looking coffee cake that’s so simple to prepare and tastes oh so light and delicious. Enjoy!
This recipe is from years ago when I started catering in Atlanta. I made this treat many times for luncheons and brunches. Its light and not too sweet, but is also so satisfying and great with a cup of coffee or tea while relaxing. As you can see in the picture, this coffee cake displays beautifully and your friends and family will think it took so long to make when its actually one of the easiest recipes (this can be our secret).
Nutrition: calories 145.2, fat 4.4 g, carbs 24.5 g, fiber 1.8 g, sugar 6.4 g, sodium 289.4 mg, protein 3.4 g
Simple Bisquick Pear Coffee Cake
Yields 8 slices
- 1 3/4 cups Bisquick Heart Health Smart mix
- 1 16 ounce can pear halves in its own juice or water, drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp stick butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup baby food — pears or applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray an 8 inch round pan with cooking spray and set aside until ready to fill.
- On a cutting board, slice the pears into thin slices. Set aside until the end.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except for the pears, 1 tsp of the cinnamon and 1 tsp of the sugar (the rest will be used later) and mix until blended. Make sure you get all the dry mix from the bottom all mixed in, but do not over mix. Let sit 5 minutes on the counter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Spread evenly. Arrange the pears in a circular pattern on top of the batter. Sprinkle the 1 remaining tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar over the top of the cake.
- Bake about 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown; until a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. While baking, turn the pan around after 15 minutes for even baking.
Serve warm or room temperature and enjoy this wonderful treat!