For a quick and easy dessert this is the one to check out. A premade mini cake found at the market filled with fresh or frozen fruit makes the most beautiful and refreshing dessert. Enjoy!
If you have been through some of my recipes then you know how much I love these mini dessert cakes. The brand I buy is called Specialty Bakers. They are usually found in the produce department of the market. If you can’t find this brand then use a brand that has around 80 calories per cake and no more than 1 gram of fat. This recipe is quick and so easy to put together, but elegant enough for company.
Light And Refreshing Dessert Cake With Fresh Fruit
This recipe yields one serving. Can easily made into more dessert cakes.
- 1 mini dessert shell
- 1/4 cup frozen sliced strawberries (no sugar) Use fresh if available
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar)
- 1 to 2 Tbs light whipped cream from the can or Cool Whip
- An hour or so before you put this together take the fruit out of the freezer and let it sit out to defrost.
- The fruit makes its own sweet syrup without adding any additional sugar.
- When you see it’s thawed and has a nice amount of syrup, place in the dessert shell and then top with a dollop of Cool Whip or aerosol whipped topping.
That’s it! Now enjoy!