This easy-peasy recipe is sure to become a favorite with family and friends. With a few simple ingredients you have a luscious lemon dump cake. Enjoy!
If you have been on this blog before, you must have seen our other dump cake recipes. I can’t believe this is the first time I’m posting my lemon dump cake recipe. Been making this simple recipe for years ever since I bought a can of lemon pie filling when on sale in the market. Just grab a few more pantry ingredients and here you have it, the most luscious and lively lemon cake that’s a snap to make. Anyone who likes lemon desserts is going to love this cake.
Lemon Lush Dump Cake
Yields: 16 servings
Calories: 222 per serving
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 21 ounce can lemon pie filling
- 12 ounce can seltzer, plain, lemon or orange work well
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cut up in little cubes
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or any whipped topping
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- lemon zest for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Empty pie filling into pan and with a rubber spatula, spread evenly over the bottom of pan.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, add cake mix with can of seltzer. Using a whisk, mix until combined. It does not have to be completely combined. There can be some lumps. Add vanilla extract. Mix again then, pour over pie filling. Dot with butter cubes. Bake for about 29 to 32 minutes. Check after 29 minutes. If testing with a toothpick, don’t go down to bottom because of the pie filling. Should have no crumbs or dry crumbs.
- Let cool completely. Spread Cool Whip and place in fridge for a couple of hours. Add lemon zest to top of Cool Whip. Slice up and Enjoy!