This cake is beyond easy to make. The reason… I bought an already made angel food cake at the market. Saves so much time when in a hurry. We were invited for an impromptu dinner last week. I wanted to bring a dessert but didn’t have anytime at all to bake something. I ran to the market thinking I would buy a pretty cake from their bakery. I saw they had angel food cake on sale. Grabbed one, some Cool Whip and fruit.(I used strawberries and canned peaches, use whatever you want. It all works in this recipe) Voila! In just minutes when I arrived home, I had my own pretty cake. You will see how easy this cake is to make. My friends at the dinner, including my husband had no idea how easy and fast this took to “make” and everyone loved it. Including me. LOL! You will love this at holiday time. Buy an angel food cake, freeze it so you have on hand.
Layered Angel Fruity Cake
- 1 store bough angel food cake, or make one and let cool completely
- 1 large tub whipped topping. I used Cool Whip Light
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 small can cubed peaches, drained but, keep the liquid
- Slice cake to make two layers. Place the bottom on a serving plate.
- Drizzle some of the liquid from the peaches over the bottom layer.
- Lay the strawberries over the bottom layer.
- Scoop on some whipped topping and smooth over the strawberries.
- Place the top half of the cake over the bottom very gently.
- Frost the whole cake with the whipped topping. Thick or thin, however you want.
- Place some of the remaining strawberries and peaches on the top.
- Toss some of the cubed peached in the center of the cake if you want. It looks nice when cutting into the cake.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes then in fridge for about an hour or more. Serve right from the fridge. Any leftovers store in fridge up to 2 days. Enjoy!!