I probably can eat a salad every single day. Love the versatility and all the great textures. Here’s one of my favorites. See how easy I make this one with a great shortcut.
Healthy Hempseed and Chickpea Chopped Salad
Serves 2 main course salads
- 1 bag chopped greens of choice, I used Kale, Brussels Sprouts and other mixed lettuces. Or, 6 cups chopped mixed lettuce of choice.
- 2 tbsp. hempseeds
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried slightly
- 1/4 walnuts or any nut of choice, chopped coarsely
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 4 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- yellow, or red pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place chopped lettuce between two dinner plates.
- Top with peppers, cranberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Sprinkle Hempseeds on top of each salad then finish with chickpeas.
- In mason jar, add olive oil, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper. Shake well then pour over each salad. Done and delicious, enjoy!