We are all hearing the benefits of dark chocolate and also the punch of energy we get from dried fruits. Here is the easiest recipe that you can put together in a snap and have a rich but healthy snack for the whole family. I added Chia seeds on some of them for added goodness. I call them the “healthy sprinkles”. You can look them up on Google to find out more about Chia seeds. We also have a muffin recipe on SSD site made with them so, check that out too.
I hope you enjoy these yummy treats. One more thing, my son Josh picked out the plate with Kermit the frog for the picture. He wanted everyone to know this. He likes to help me with taking the pictures.
Nutrition: calories 69.3, fat 2.7 g, carbs 12.4 g, fiber 0.7 g, sugars 10.2 g, sodium 0.1 mg, protein 0.2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
Dark Chocolate Clusters Loaded with Dried Fruit
Makes 12 candies
- 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, use a good quality for best taste and results.
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, or any dried fruit of your choice
- 1 tsp Chia seeds, optional
- Have a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place in fridge or freezer until ready to use. (You can place the cookie sheet in the fridge for a few hours before you start this to have it nice and cold if you want.)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 30 seconds. Take out stir and put back in for another 30 seconds. Then do this every 15 seconds until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Cut the dried fruit up just a little and then add to the melted chocolate.
- Now with two teaspoons, make 12 mounds. Sprinkle the Chia seeds if you want or just leave plain. Set to cool and set for an hour or so. Do not place in fridge or freezer. Once set, they are ready to eat! YUM!