Here is a delicious and healthy granola recipe that I put together in no time.I like to use only 100% juice because there is no added sugar and this way I can add the amount of sweetness into the recipe without over doing it. I am planning on giving this around the holidays and definitely serving this for brunch or a healthy, crunchy snack for the whole family. Note: Has a nice amount of fiber and protein with healthy carbs.
Nutrition: calories 227.8, fat 5.8 g, carbs 45.7 g, fiber 4 g, sugars 28.1 g, sodium 18.8 mg, protein 4.5 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 7
Healthy Cranberry Granola
Makes 10 (1/2 cup) servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice, not cocktail juice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal, not instant or quick cooking
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, cut up just a little
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spread the sunflower seeds and the pumpkin seeds on the cookie sheet, (I lined the sheet with non-stick tin foil; do not use parchment paper for this recipe.) Bake for about 10-12 minutes until lightly toasted. When done, set aside to cool down a little.
- While the seeds are cooling, Take a medium saucepan and combine the cranberry juice, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and salt and cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Don’t let this burn.
- Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, place the oats along with the almonds and the seeds. Mix gently and pour the cranberry juice mixture into the bowl and mix up completely with a rubber spatula. Make sure you get down to the bottom to mix all the oats in well.
- Spray your cookie sheet again with the cooking spray and spread the oat mixture onto the pan. Spread out as well as you can to make this an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes on the top shelf of the oven. After 10 minutes turn the pan around in the oven.
- Take the pan out of the oven and spread the dried cranberries into the granola and place back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or so.
- The granola will now start to brown. Do not let this burn.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top. Let cool completely. As it cools it will start to crunch up. If there are clumps that’s fine. You can break them apart or leave them that way. Either way, it’s delish!
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Other Fabulous Granola Recipes:
- Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Extra Large Baked Apple with Crunchy Granola
- Wholesome Walnut Sunflower Seeds Granola Bars