This recipe is so easy and delish. I love using Heart Healthy Bisquick because I don’t even have to sift the Bisquick and all the recipes still come out great. What’s nice about this banana bread is that it’s not too sweet. I like to bring this banana bread to my friend’s house when it’s right out of the oven. Yum!
12 slices (per slice) – calories 175, fat 2.9, carbs. 37, fiber 2.6, protein 3.8
16 slices (per slice) – calories 131, fat 2.2, carbs. 28, fiber 1.9, protein 2.8
Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread with Oatmeal and Flax
- 2 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp finely ground flax meal
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar + 3 tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half, almond milk, soy milk or skim milk (whichever you have on hand)
- 2 eggs (because there is no added fat to this recipe, I like to use whole eggs. If you like you can use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, make sure you drain them well)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the sugar. Let stand 10 minutes. This is an important step in making banana bread.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon) and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray or baking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly, then sprinkle the teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon over the top and swirl with a tooth pick or the tip of a knife.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Test with a tooth pick or wooden skewer (it should come out clean).
- Let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. It should come out of the pan easily after it is cooled.