Here’s a healthier version of everyone’s favorite peanut butter cup. Best part is, you won’t be missing anything in taste and texture. These are so decadent and delicious. Enjoy every last peanuty bite!
Healthy foods can be just as delicious as the ones laded with high fats and calories. Give this easy recipe a try. You won’t miss a thing. You can have your peanut butter cup with healthy ingredients and feel good about what you are putting into your mouth.
Decadent Peanut Butter Cups Made Healthy
Yields 12 peanut butter cups, calories 210 each
- ¾ rolled oats, not instant
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup natural peanut butter, I used Skippy natural
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or natural maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips plus 1 tsp coconut oil
- A few drops of water if needed for peanut butter filling
- Have a 12 cup mini muffin pan with paper liners in the freezer ready to fill
- Melt chocolate and 1 tsp coconut oil in a double boiler. Spoon out about 1 tsp chocolate and coat the bottom of each liner. Place back in freezer While preparing the peanut butter dough.
- Combine all peanut butter ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. (First add oats and blend until powdered. Then add the rest of the peanut butter ingredients)Stop a few times and scrap the edges to make sure everything blends together. Oh
Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball, place on top of each chocolate filled liner. Press down a little.
- Take your remaining chocolate and fill the rest of the mini cups. Make sure you cover the PB filling completely. Place back in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- They are ready for you to peel away the paper and bite into this wonderful peanuty treat!
Store in fridge or freezer. (If kept in freezer, they will keep longer)