Here’s a recipe that I made up the other night. I wanted to use up the last bit of Almond flour I had before opening a new bag. I was so happy the way these turned out. These cookies are almost like a biscotti but so much easier and faster to make. They are gluten free as well. I’m not kidding when I say this, they were gone in 20 minutes after they cooled. My kids and husband went crazy for them and I have to admit, so did I!
Nutrition: calories 58, fat 2 g, carbs 11.1 g, fiber .8 g, sugars 8.6 g, sodium 16.1 mg, protein 2 g
Almond Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup Garbanzo/ Chickpea flour OR use oat flour or all almond flour for Paleo
- 1/2 cup Almond flour/meal
- 1 cup organic Coconut sugar, turbinado sugar/ raw cane sugar (If you can’t find these, you can use brown sugar, the turbinado and coconut sugars gives the cookies a nice texture. You can find this in most grocery stores)
- 4 packets Sweet Leaf all natural Stevia or to taste
- Approximately 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 to 2 egg whites beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, crunched up a little.
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp real almond extract
Preheat oven to 360 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well. Make sure you dig down to get all the dry ingredients incorporated into the batter.
- Place batter in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Take out and roll into 24 balls then shape into crescents.
- Place on the baking sheet. They should all fit since they don’t spread. Bake for about 9 to 12 minutes. Check after 5 and turn the pan around. They should be lightly browned and the bottom should be a little darker brown. Let cool and enjoy!
Note: They crisp up when the cool down. Keep in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
Makes 24 cookies