A simple and delicious recipe that my daughter Tori came up with. She made this for her roommates and they all loved it. So glad she shared with me too. Try and enjoy!
Another delicious and easy recipe that my daughter made for her roommates and herself. Back for another year at college. They recently moved to a new house with a big kitchen. Actually the house is over 100 years old. The kitchen was remodeled a few years back. Lots of cooking and baking will be going on this year. Not just Ramen noodles for these girls. After she gave me the recipe, I made it at home and my son and husband loved it. We love Greek food and this was sure a winner. Thanks Tor!
Greek Style Chicken over Lemon Rice – What a College Girl Eats
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, rinsed with cold water and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, or 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, you can use dried but for this recipe fresh is best
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
For the lemon rice:
- 2 bags instant white, brown rice or any flavor – like Uncle Bens or minute rice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- In a large Ziploc bag, add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Swoosh around to combine all ingredients.
- Add chicken breasts. Place bag on a plate in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Using a large non stick pan or grill pan, place the 4 chicken breast in pan and grill or Sautee on each side until juices run clear. Make sure there is no pink inside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make rice and pour into medium serving bowl, drizzle lemon juice over and toss gently. Add zest, salt and pepper and toss gently again.
- Serve chicken over rice.