Great Uses For Coffee Filters – Coffee Filters are not just for coffee. There are many great uses for them and you’ll see a bunch right here. Check them out!
Coffee filters are so inexpensive to buy and have so many great uses other than making coffee. I just bought a 200 pack for under 1 dollar and these will last for a long time. Here’s a few great ides that have helped me and also family and friends over the years. Try for yourself and see how an everyday chore can be made easier using these paper wonders.
*Keep checking back for more to be added every now and then…
Great Uses for Coffee Filters
1. Heat food in the microwave. Use a filter as the protective covering over a bowl or a plate.
2. Prevent scuffs and scratches on fine china. Use flattened out coffee filters as spacers when stacking dishes. Also great for mugs and tea cups.
3. Strain wine from a bottle with a broken cork. Place the filter over carafe or pitcher, slowly pour the wine into it.
4. Great for serving popcorn or other snacks. The filters act as disposable bowls. How clever!
5. Protect hands from dripping popsicles. Place a hole in the middle of one filter. Put the popsicle stick through. Drips land on the filter.
6. When eating an ice cream cone on a warm day. Do the same as above. Make a large hole and the center of filter. Slide up the cone. No more sticky hands.
7. When out of paper towels, use a filter to clean windows, mirrors and glass. Filters leave no residue or lint. How nice!
8. Soak up oil from greasy foods after frying. Simply lay a filter flat on the counter or plate. Lay your freshly fried foods such as bacon right on top. Let rest for a minute, and all that excess oil will soak into the filter.
9. Great for potted plants: Prevent soil from draining out of flowerpots. When repotting, place a filter at the bottom, over the drainage hole, then add the soil. Love this idea!
10. Protect cast iron pans by placing a coffee filter between each pan when stacking, this keeps them from scratching and rusting.
Since we are talking “coffee”, thought you would like this easy-peasy way to make homemade cappuccino. You can enjoy this favorite hot beverage without having to go out and spend the big bucks. Enjoy the deliciousness! No Machine 3 Step Homemade Cappuccino Recipe