This recipe is one of those dump in a bowl, bake, then grab and go. It couldn’t be easier and really delicious with healthy ingredients. I bake these all the time and add in all different thing depending what I have in my pantry. Bake a batch today and taste for yourself. YUM!
Grab N’ Go Pantry Muffins
Recipe yields 12 muffins
- 1 medium very ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup milk, I used almond milk
- 1/2 dried cherries, chopped or cut into smaller pieces if too large
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips plus 2 tbsp for topping
- 1 tbsp natural cane sugar or light brown sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with foil muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, Add all ingredients up until the cherries. Mix just until all is incorporated. Try not to over mix. Then toss in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- With a large ice cream scoop, fill each cup twice until all batter is finished. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoon of chips over all the muffins and sprinkle sugar if using.
- Bake for about 30 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. Let cool almost completely. Enjoy!