It’s Halloween time again. It seems like it rolls around earlier and earlier each year. That’s because the stores put out the candy in the summer! I like to get a jump start on all my Halloween decorations and dessert making. We are a very big Halloween family. I let my son put out the outside and inside decorations mid September. Right after school starts. He loves doing the outside and we both have fun doing the inside. Every year we have a small Halloween party for a few of his closest friends. That’s when I go crazy in the kitchen baking and preparing what’s going to be served at the party. These snaps have been at every party and it’s funny that I hadn’t put them up on the blog as of yet. I think we have just about every other holiday snap up. So, here they are. Fun to make and really yummy. Adults like them too. The sweet and salty are just perfect together. Enjoy and have a safe Halloween!
Googly Eye Chocolate Pretzel Snaps
- Pretzel Snaps
- Hershey Dark Chocolate Kisses, you can use milk chocolate too.
- Candy Eyes, found in Michaels, and grocery stores or online
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Lay pretzel snaps on paper and place a Kiss in the middle of each snap
- Place in oven for 2-4 minutes. Watch them closely. If they get too hot they will scorch. When you see them look glossy, take out and gently touch the top of one with your finger. If it’s melted. You are good to go. If not, put back in the oven for another minute or two.
- Quickly but gently place a Googly eye on top of the kiss. Some we did one, others we did two or more. Now, gently toss sprinkles over each snap.
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes. Take out and ENJOY!
Can be stored in a container up to 4 days on counter or in fridge up to a week.