Gooey deliciousness, that’s what this cake is all about. A quick poke cake that everyone will love. Enjoy!
If you are looking for a quick and easy cake recipe, you found it right here. If you have been on this blog before you know we have lots of poke cake recipes, definitely check them out as well. This cake recipe was a last minute recipe. My family was coming in to New York. We went out for dinner and after went back the hotel to hang out there so the kids could go swimming in their indoor pool. The hotel was so nice, they let us bring the cake into pool area and we got to watch the kids and eat this yummy cake. That was such a fun night. When we got home I took a pic of the remaining cake that was left. One piece! My husband and son split it the next day. I think it was gone by the time I woke up. LOL. Bake one of these yummy, gooey cakes and watch it disappear fast.
Gooey Marshmallow Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix, I like devil’s chocolate or chocolate fudge flavor
- 4 cups milk, I used 2 %
- mini marshmallows
Directions: Place bowl and whisk for pudding in fridge while you prepare cake mix.
- Prepare cake as directed on package for a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cool in the pan for 14 to 17 minutes. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake going all the way down to the bottom.
- Combine the pudding mix and cold milk in a large bowl. Whisk for about two minutes. Pour half of the pudding over the cake. It should run down to the bottom.
- Place the remaining pudding in fridge for about 5 to 7 minutes to thicken up just a bit. Take out and stir.
- Mix your desired amount of marshmallows into the pudding. Pour over cake then spread over cake as a frosting.
- Place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
Enjoy the gooey yumminess!