Paleo & Vegan Coconut Almond Cookies – A perfect little cookie that’s decadent yet made with healthy ingredients.
These cookies taste very rich; one mini cookie is satisfying enough, especially with some fresh fruit. They were a big hit at our last Skinny Sweets Daily meeting. Even my husband, who was reluctant to try them, said they were very rich and buttery (don’t worry; there is no butter in the recipe). I loved using the coconut oil. The smell alone is divine.
Nutrition: calories 59.9, fat 4.3 g, carbs 5.8 g, fiber 0.9 g, sugar 4.3 g, sodium 1.5 mg, protein 1.4 g
Little Paleo Vegan Coconut Almond Cookies
Makes 17 mini but rich tasting cookies
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup high quality honey
- 1 to 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil — melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp almond extract, optional
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of a half orange
- Zest of a half lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; prepared a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper by lightly mist the paper with cooking spray. Set aside until ready to use.
- Whisk the almond meal flour and shredded coconut together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients mix until combined with a rubber spatula. Make sure you get all the dry ingredients from the bottom incorporated into the mix.
- Roll into 17 little balls and place on the cookie sheet. Press down lightly with your palm, or you can use the tines of a fork. These cookies will not spread or puff up.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the pan around after 4 minutes.
- The bottoms will get slightly golden. Don’t over bake these. They will still be light on top when ready. Let cool and enjoy!