Here’s a cookie recipe with the star ingredient Coconut Flour! Comes out with a light and soft texture. My kids love them for snacks and my husband always grabs a bunch to take to the office. I like them for breakfast! They’re delicious!
Gluten Free Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour sifted,
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1/2 cup honey or coconut nectar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut or date sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic stevia, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 whole large eggs
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, use a good quality chocolate for best results, I used Lily’s stevia sweetened chips
- Optional – if needed for more moisture in the batter add a few tablespoons of coconut or almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs and oil until creamy, then add the rest of the ingredients except the chips. When the batter is all mixed completely, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 12 cookies onto prepared cookie sheet. Have a cup of water ready, dip a fork into the water and press down gently and shape cookies. They will not spread too much.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Check after 8. Edges should be a little brown and when you press on the cookie it should light spring back. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Then, slide paper off the cookie sheet and let cool another few minutes. Enjoy these healthy and yummy cookies!