No time for preparing a healthy breakfast in the morning? Bake a batch of these yummy breakfast cookies the night before then in the morning grab one and go! Enjoy!!
You know those days when rushing and there’s really no time for sitting down to breakfast but, you still want something that’s nourishing and delicious. This cookie is it. It’s not only Paleo, it’s vegan too. The recipe is easy to prepare. What I do is one night a week or on the weekend, I bake a batch. Wrap them individually in wax paper or freezer paper then freeze in a Ziploc bag. In the morning, I just grab one and go. By the time I get to the car, it’s softened up and ready for my coffee. However, they do taste really good frozen. If you have a few seconds, microwave them for just a few seconds for a warm cookie. These are not your typical oatmeal cookie. They’re Paleo, so no grains or refined sugar in this cookie, all healthy goodness. Bake a batch soon, you and your loved ones will be so happy you did.
Giant Grab & Go Paleo Breakfast Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 1/8 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut or date sugar
- 1 packet Stevia, optional for added sweetness
- 1 flax egg, 3 tbsp golden flax meal plus 4 tbsp cold water. Mix and let sit for a few minutes. (Can sub one large egg in it’s place for a non vegan recipe)
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil, not melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins, currants or any dried fruit without sugar added.
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, I use Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients with a whisk, breaking up any clumps.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients one at a time. Using a rubber spatula, combine well but try not to over mix the batter. Dig deep to incorporate all dry into the wet.
- Place batter in fridge for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Take out of fridge and using a large cookie scoop, make big balls and place on cookie sheet. Gently flatten out with the bottom of a glass or with damp fingers to the size you want. (See in photo, mine were quite large). They don’t spread too much. I only put 3 on one cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 11 – 14 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and the tops are only slightly soft in the middle. Try not to over bake. They brown very fast at the end. Turn pan around after 7 minutes. Check them after 11 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet at least 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- They can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container up to 2 days or in fridge up to 5 days or frozen up to a month.
Enjoy the wholesome goodness!!