Using a cake mix makes for a simple recipe that comes out with the perfect chewy cookie that’s loaded with chocolate. Enjoy every last bite of these gems!
I used to make these cookies years ago when I lived in Atlanta. I loved to have friends over and these were great to throw together at the last minute. You will love this recipe. So easy and the cookies come out so moist and chewy. I added chunks of chocolate and chips this time. I also left out the egg. (By mistake, LOL!) They still came out great. So, try them with and without the egg and see what you think.
Giant Cake Mix Chewy Chunky Chip Cookies
Yields about 10 giant cookies
- 1 box super moist cake mix, I used yellow cake mix, try vanilla or even chocolate.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, optional
- 1 – 4 tbsp milk, see how the consistency is before you add more milk.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, I used mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on two cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, mix up cake mix to make sure all lumps are gone. Add melted butter and mix with rubber spatula.
- Add milk a little at a time along with the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate. Change over to a hand held mixer and mix until all is combined. Add more milk if needed. Remember, this is a cookie recipe. The batter should be very thick.
- Fold in the chocolate and dig deep with a rubber spatula to make sure all is combined and no dry mix is left.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto cookie sheet and slightly press down on each cookie. Not all the way, do not flatten.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly browned. Center should still be soft.
- Let cookie sheets cool on wire rack for 15 minutes then transfer the cookies to the wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Store in a covered container up to 3 days. (If they last that long)
Chewy and Chunky, how delish!