A very easy cake to make and oh so delicious. Enjoy for any occasion!
This cake is very special to me. It’s the very first recipe that’s going up on Pam’s Daily Dish. Today is our first day we launched! We all enjoyed this cake as a celebration from all the hard work it took to bring this blog live. You will love how easy-peasy the recipe is. It needs no celebration to make it. Decorate any way you want for any occasion or no occasion. It’s so yummy!
Funfetti Celebration Pudding Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding, you can use sugar free or regular
- 2 cups cold milk, I used 2%
- 1 tsp vanilla extract plus 1/2 tsp for pudding mix
- 1 tub Cool Whip, thawed or any whipped topping
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup colored sprinkles plus more for top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 cake pan with baking or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, water, egg whites and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Using a hand held mixer, mix until fluffy. About 2 minutes. Toss in sprinkles and gently fold in with a spatula. Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 25 to 35 minutes. Cake should spring back when lightly touched on the top and a toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs.
- With the back of a wooden spoon or large straw, poke holes up and down the cake as soon as you take the cake out of the oven and set on a cooling rack.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine pudding mix with cold milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk until thickened. Pour into a measuring cup that has a spout.
- Pour over cake and let seep into holes. Place in fridge for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Take cake out and spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Place back in fridge for another hour.
- Take out of fridge, cut in nice large squares and ENJOY!