This recipe for brownies is a snap to throw together. Using a box brownie mix with a few add ins makes for a delectable brownie everyone will adore. Nice and fudgy on the inside and gooey on top from the mini marshmallows. Somehow the marshmallows almost turn into a pudding like topping. Once in a while we all deserve an occasional indulgence. This is one recipe you want to keep on hand for just that.
Fudgy Marshmallow Covered Brownies
- 1 box favorite brownie mix, I used a milk chocolate flavor for this recipe but, dark chocolate or any other flavor will work too.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup, this is optional. I use Hershey Special Dark Syrup
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows, enough to cover top of brownie batter
- powdered sugar for top
- Spray an 8X8 or 9X9 baking dish with cooking or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mix with ingredients on package. Add in vanilla extract and chocolate syrup if using.
- Spread evenly in pan. Top with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Gently press down with hands so marshmallows sink in just a bit. (They may sink down while baking, that’s okay.
- Bake according to package directions minus 3 minutes. Take out and check with a wooden skewer or toothpick. There should be gooey crumbs. Try not to over bake.
- Take out and set pan on stove or counter. Not on a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top.
Cut a nice big square and ENJOY!
Note: All highlighted ingredients and supplies are ones I used for this recipe and many others on the blog. They are only a suggestion. 🙂