This refreshing Sangria recipe comes from my dear friend Nicole. She’s a great cook, baker and Sangria creator. She served this at one of her many BBQ parties. My husband and I loved it so of course I had to ask her for the recipe. Now I make it for our own company. Sometimes with or without alcohol. You can make this with sparkling wine or non alcohol wine. If using sparkling, just make sure you add that in right before you are serving the sangria.
Fruity White Wine Sangria
Makes one large pitcher. If you want to make a second pitcher, I suggest you make a separate pitcher and don’t double up.
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio, or you can use any white wine you want
- `1 1/2 cups white grape juice
- 1/2 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 peeled and sliced kiwi
- 1 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen is fine
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves, or leave out
- 4 tbsp. fine sugar or granulated sugar if you want this sweeter. I left it out.
You can make this up to 4 hours ahead as long as you don’t add any carbonated drink until ready to serve.
- Have all your fruit washed and sliced.
- Pour the wine and grape juice into a large pitcher.
- Stir gently until combined. If using sugar, add this now and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Gently add in all the fruit. Most will sink to the bottom.
- Gently stir again not to crush the fruit, if this happens it’s fine.
- Chill for at least 1 -2 hours.
- When ready to serve. Stir gently again and add the mint leaves and if using carbonated soda or water, add that now.
Enjoy this refreshing drink!