The next football game will be even more fun to watch while nibbling on these yummy “Football Stadium Cookies” Take a big bite and enjoy!
Football season is here. No matter what team you’re rooting for, these fun to make cookies are sure to be a winner. If you’re not sitting in the stadium you’ll be eating one or two or more of these yummy cookies! Bake a batch for your next gameday or tailgating party. You are sure to be the star at that game. Have fun and enjoy!
Football Stadium Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup margarine or butter, you can mix the two but, vegan margarine works really well for this recipe
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- vanilla frosting
- green frosting
- multicolored round sprinkles
- green sugar crystals
- white candy melts
The Finished Cookie!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line cookie sheet pans with parchment paper or silpat, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a second bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Chill the dough for 4 hours.
Roll the dough to ¼ inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter or a glass to make circle shapes. Place on prepared cookie sheet pans. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Melt white candy melts according to package instructions.
- Place the melted candy melts in a Ziploc or bakery bag. Cut a tiny hole in the corner or use a fine tip.
- On parchment paper, pipe out a ‘Y’ shape or field goal shape. Allow to set while you decorate your cookies.
- Frost the top half of the cookie in vanilla frosting. Dip the cookie into small round sprinkles. Frost the bottom half with green frosting. Sprinkle green sugar crystals over it.
- Pick a field goal and stick to the center of your cookie. Enjoy!!