One of my all time favorite sandwiches as a child was peanut butter and banana. My mom used to make me one for breakfast many mornings during the week. This is my version except I combined it with a gooey, warm French toast sandwich. It’s so healthy too and loaded with protein and fiber. This treat makes a great lunch as well as a nutritious snack. PS: If you like this, try my Skinny (Yet Still Gooey) Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast.
Nutrition: calories 200.4, fat 3.1 g, carbs 29.3 g, fiber 7.4 g, sugar 9.1 g, sodium 383 mg, protein 18 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
Favorite Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast
- 2 slices Weight Watcher whole wheat bread (or your choice of bread)
- 2 tbsp all natural creamy peanut butter or, Skippy natural
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
- 3-4 tbsp milk, almond milk, or soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 small banana, around 9-10 thin slices
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Have a non stick pan ready with cooking spray on low to medium heat.
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread.
- Slice the banana and lay slices on one side of the bread over the peanut butter spread. Set aside for a minute.
- In a pie plate or large low bowl, whisk together Egg Beaters with milk, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Dip your sandwich in the egg mixture on both sides. I try and use up all the liquid.
- Place in pan and brown on the bottom. You can press with a spatula but be very gentle. When the bottom is brown, mist the top slice with cooking spray and turn over. Cook until that side is brown. When both sides are nicely browned, remove from pan and cut with a sharp serrated knife and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. ENJOY this wonderful treat!