Pot pie, an American favorite. This recipe couldn’t be easier. I’m using my moms recipe that she got from the back of a box of Bisquick many, many years ago. I just updated it a bit. Still just as delicious and a nice quick weeknight meal the whole family loves.
Family Favorite Chicken Veggie Pot Pie
Makes 6 Main Servings
- 1 2/3 cups frozen mixed veggies, defrosted
- 1 1/4 cups cubed or diced cooked chicken, this time around I used a rotisserie chicken cut up.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Bisquick, you can use the heart healthy or original
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk , I used 2 percent
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix veggies, chicken and soup gently until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a separate medium bowl mix Bisquick, milk, pepper and egg with a fork just until combined. Pour over veggie mixture. Spread out.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and let sit on counter 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!