Submitted By: Veronica Gantley
Using extra wide egg noodles instead of the traditional lasagna noodles makes this “Fake Lasagna” a cinch to make.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1-1/4 pound Ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 small sweet onion peeled
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat and add tomato sauce
and stir everything together.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set
- In food processor, combine sour cream,cottage cheese and onions.
- Process until smooth Add to noodles and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a buttered baking dish. Top
with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar.
Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20
minutes, or until all cheese is melted.