When it’s cold outside, you want something fast to warm you up inside. This simple recipe for rich extra dark hot chocolate will do just that. It’s so good and comforting.
Relax, take a sip and enjoy!
Extra Dark Hot Chocolate
Serving is for 1, but this recipe multiplies easily
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk or 2 percent
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea or kosher salt
- whipped topping, optional
- sprinkles, optional
- mini marshmallows, optional
- In a small saucepan, whisk the cocoa, sugar and salt and 3 tablespoons of milk over medium heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved.
- Now, add in the rest of the milk and half and half. Continue to whisk until all is combined, add in the chips with the vanilla until mixture is hot and the chocolate has melted. Don’t bring to a boil. Take off heat and pour into mug. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy this wonderful treat!