For a fun recipe to make with the kids, this one should sure top the list. No baking involved and so many choices for the yummy toppings. See the ones we picked. Have fun!
***Make sure you check out our fun video at the end of the recipe***
Easy-Peasy Pound Cake Pops
Servings – About 20-25 pops
- One 16 ounce frozen, store bought prebaked, or homemade pound cake
- One 12 ounce bag semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, you can use milk chocolate or white chocolate as well
- 20 to 25 lollypop sticks, found in the craft stores in the baking isle
- Mini chocolate chips
- Nuts, we used pistachios for this recipe
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper, set aside for just a few minutes.
- Trim the top, bottom and sides of the pound cake just enough to remove the golden brown pieces. Slice cake into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Lay cubes in a single layer on cookie sheet. Spear each cube with a lollypop stick. Freeze for 2 – 3 hours.
- Before you melt the chocolate, be sure to have each topping in a single bowl or dish ready to dip.
- Place 3/4 bag of chocolate chips in a large glass bowl or microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until chocolate starts to melt. Stir with rubber spatula. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until chocolate is melted. Then add in the remaining chocolate chips and stir until all is melted.
- Working quickly, dip each pound cake pop into the chocolate, roll in toppings and use a plastic spoon to help. Place back onto cookie sheet. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. When ready to eat, you may want them to sit out for just a few minutes to soften up. Enjoy!
Store in fridge up to 4 days.