This is a wonderful recipe that is fast and easy to put together any day of the week. Your dinner guests will be impressed with this treat. The recipe yields 2 servings but it is easy to double or even triple the ingredients (as I’m sure you will want to make more after you try it!). Using canned pumpkin makes this even that much faster to eating this yummy dessert.
Nutrition: per serving – calories 118, fat 0.1, carbs. 24, fiber 1.2, protein 3.4
- 3/4 cup cold skim or 1% milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (be sure it isn’t pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tbsp sugar free, fat free vanilla instant pudding (powdered mix, unprepared)
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tbsp Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
- Combine the pumpkin and the cold milk in a medium to large size bowl.
- Add the pudding mix to the pumpkin and skim milk and whisk for about 2 minutes until the mixture starts to slightly thicken. Add the spices, whisk again just until they are combined.
- Let mixture rest for 2-5 minutes.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Cool mousse in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Remove mousse from the fridge and mix gently. Spoon the mousse into a dessert glass and top with Cool whip and sprinkles.