I really love biscuits and scones. Especially drop biscuits. When using Bisquick they always come out perfect every time. If you are going to save them for later on, you may want to crisp them up in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Great for anytime of day.
Nutrition: (per scone)
Without glaze: calories 115, fat 2.2g, carbs. 21.7, fiber .5g, protein 2.8g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
With glaze: calories 144, fat 2.2g, carbs. 29g, fiber .5g, protein 2.8g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Blueberry Lemon Drop Biscuits / Scones
Makes 8 Scones
- 1 1/2 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 heaping cup blueberries
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond milk, soy milk or 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp water
- 1/2 cup powdered sifted sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the Bisquick, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla. Add the zest and blueberries and toss gently. Do not over mix.
- For the glaze, whisk the lemon juice, water and sifted sugar together. Set aside for later.
- Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet (you have to use parchment paper for this recipe ).
- Drop dough into 8 large scones. You may want to flatten each one just a bit with wet fingers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and pour glaze over the warm scones.