Here is a sure crowd pleaser for the holiday season. I love using fresh cranberries. They always give such a fresh taste to any baked goodie. This cake is so pretty, it can be served as your main dessert or for brunch the next day. I am using one of my favorite products, Heart Smart Bisquick. Give this a try let me know what you think. Enjoy the holidays and remember to stay relaxed and to keep eating healthy.
Nutrition: calories 165, fat 3.7 g, carbs 30.2 g, fiber 0.7 g, sugars 15.3 g, sodium 232.1 mg, protein 3.4 g
- 3 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Land O’ Lakes light butter with canola, melted and cooled
- 1 large or extra-large egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 – 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Zest from one medium orange
- Juice from one medium orange, save about 2 tablespoons juice for glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- A few drops of water if needed
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a non-stick Bundt pan with cooking spray or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the Bisquick, and sugar with a wire whisk to break up any lumps. Now add the rest of the ingredients except glaze.
- Mix well, make sure you get all the dry ingredients from the bottom all mixed in.
- Pour into prepared pan and place on middle rack of the oven and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes. Turn the pan around after 25 minutes.
- Take out and check with a wooden skewer or large toothpick. The crumbs should be dry or no crumbs at all.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool down.
- When just about cooled, start your glaze, mix together all ingredients except the nuts and get it to a good consistency for drizzling. Use a small whisk for this.
- Now with a teaspoon, drizzle over the cake and then if want, sprinkle the nuts.