A delightful dessert that’s adored by family and company too. Bake one up soon and taste the deliciousness and enjoy!
This is such an easy recipe to make; you probably have all or most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge. It’s a family favorite that’s not too sweet. This peach cobbler is quick and easy to make any weeknight or for an impromptu dessert for unexpected guests.
Nutrition: cal 161, fat 4 g, carbs 30 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 21.1 g, sodium 104.1 mg, protein 1 g
Easy Crispy Pantry Peach Cobbler
- 1 15-oz can sliced peaches in juice — no sugar added
- 2 tbsp raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants — my cobbler is made with currants
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Corn flakes, crunched up a little
- 1 small scoop of light vanilla bean ice-cream or vanilla Greek yogurt — optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Have an 8 X 8 baking pan ready that has been misted with cooking spray.
- Drain the liquid from the can of peaches and pour into a small saucepan. Place peaches in a baking pan and cut into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In the small saucepan that has the peach liquid, add the cinnamon stick, 2 tbsp of dried fruit, orange zest, orange juice and pinch of salt.
- Simmer uncovered for about 4 minutes until the liquid reduces a bit. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour over the peaches.
- In a separate small saucepan, melt butter on a low heat. Swirl the pan around to brown the butter ever so slightly. Do not brown too much or it will taste burnt. Take off the heat and add in the vanilla extract. Now pour in the Corn Flakes and coat completely.
- Pour this mixture over the peaches, sprinkle the brown sugar and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the topping is crisp and golden.
- This is best enjoyed when served hot out of the oven. You can let it sit to cool off for a few minutes if you want. Spoon out into dessert dishes and ENJOY!