Have fun making these adorable Peeps Pretzel Rods. Makes a great Easter Day craft project. Enjoy and Happy Easter!
Here’s a recipe my son and I have fun making together. Years ago, it was my daughter who shared this fun food craft with me. We like to wrap each one separately and give them as a special little treat to friends and family. Use any kind of Peep you like. However, the little chicks worked well for this recipe. They do come in all different colors. Same goes for the sprinkles. Use what you have in the house or find your favorites in stores and online.
Easter Peeps Pretzel Rods
Ingredients: Use whatever amounts you want. It’s a very easy and versatile recipe.
- White melting chocolate, such as Almond Bark or Wilton Candy Melts (found online or at Walmart and Michael’s) DO NOT use white chocolate chips, they will not melt properly for this recipe.
- Long pretzel rods
- Easter sprinkles, colored sprinkles, nonpareils, jimmies
- Peeps, baby chicks work best for this recipe.
- Have a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper ready along with sprinkles and Peeps. Set aside while melting chocolate.
- If using Almond Bark, chop up into medium to small chunks. If using Candy Melts, you won’t need to chop up. Leave out 2 pieces of chocolate. Set aside. Place in microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 second increments. After each time, stir well with a rubber spatula. Try not to over heat the chocolate. When almost all chocolate is melted, keep stirring and add in the last two pieces. Stir to melt and shiny.
- Using a teaspoon, coat a pretzel rod half way up, dip or sprinkle toppings all over the coated part.
- Put more melted chocolate on the top of the rod and the bottom of a Peep. Press the bottom of the Peep into the top of the rod. Lay flat onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Do this until you have finished the amount you are making.
That’s it! Look how cute and how much fun that was!