This is one of those cakes that you will want to make over and over again. A simple recipe that’s a staple around my house. Enjoy the aroma while this is baking then, enjoy the delicious cake. It’s a winner!
Delicious Easy Fresh Apple Loaf Cake
- 1 large Gala apple, you can use a Golden Delicious or Green Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pecans or walnuts, optional, toss in batter if using
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop the apple into small cubes, place in a large mixing bowl with sugars and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the wet ingredients and stir gently.
- Add all the dry ingredients and gently fold together until all is combined. Try not to over mix the batter.
- Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle topping and bake about 1 hour.
- Check after 45 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs and the top should spring back on the cake.
- Let cool at least 1/2 hour on cooling rack then, invert and let cool upside down for another 15 minutes. Cut into 12 slices. Delish!!