I used to buy a salad just like this at my local deli. One day, I decided to prepare one at home. Came out great and now I make this regularly. Sometimes I add chicken or steak for a main dish. Give this a try and add your own special touch.
Deli Style Pasta Salad
Makes 8 side dish servings
- 8 ounces tri colored Rotelle cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup mixed red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup cut up celery
- 1 large tomato cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup cubed cheese, I used white cheddar
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley and basil, chopped
- In a large serving bowl, add all veggies and cheese. Toss and set aside.
- Mix the mayo and oil with a mini whisk or fork until well combined.
- Add spices and toss gently into the pasta salad. Cover and place in fridge for at least 2 hours. When you take the salad out, toss again very gently and sprinkle more parsley and basil for a nice presentation. Enjoy!