For a simple and delectable treat that’s actually guilt free, you must try these chocolate popcorn bombs. Perfect balance of sweet and salty. I make these all the time for my family and, company loves these treats too. Whip up some today. You will love them!
Dark Chocolate Popcorn Bombs
Recipe makes between 12-16 bombs, depending how large or small you make them.
- 12 ounce bag dark chocolate or semisweet chips. I use Lily’s premium baking chips
- 2 -3 cups microwave popcorn, plain, without butter
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, optional
- Using a double boiler, melt 8 ounces chocolate until melted.
- Take off heat and add in the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Stir until glossy and smooth.
- Crunch up popcorn if very large pieces, toss into chocolate mixture along with peanuts.
- Scoop out desired amount and lay out on lined cookie sheet.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes or in fridge for about 35 minutes.
Note: Can be left on counter for the first day only. Best if stored covered in fridge up to 5 days. Let sit out on counter to soften up just a bit before biting into chocolate bombs.