If you have checked on our site, you will see we have another Kale chip recipe. When that recipe came out, I got so many positive responses and great feedback. It’s been a while so, I thought it was time to make another one. Dark chocolate anything sounded good to me. So that’s why I paired it with the crispy kale chips. It’s a great combo that I hope you all like. By the way, my six-year-old son loves this snack. I also served it recently when we had friends over. It was a huge hit. Even the husbands liked it. LOL!
Nutrition: calories 117.1, fat 2 g, carbs 20.6 g, fiber 2.5 g, sugars 6.1 g, sodium 86 mg, protein 4.5 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Dark Chocolate Drizzled Kale Chips
Makes 2 servings
- 4 cups fresh kale, washed in cold water and dried well with paper towels
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp coconut nectar or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp almond or light coconut milk
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place non-stick aluminum foil, or regular foil on a cookie sheet and spray with coconut cooking spray. Set aside.
- After you wash and dry the kale, break up or cut up into bite size pieces.
- Drizzle oil over the kale and then sprinkle the salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and rotate the pan after about 10 minutes.
- Check to see if the kale is crispy after the cooking time. You may want to put back in the oven for 5 minutes more.
- Take out of the oven. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the coconut sugar over the kale and let cool.
- When the kale is almost cooled. Place the chips with the milk and nectar in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Take out and stir, place back in for about 10 seconds. Stir until nice and smooth and shiny.
- With the tip of a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the kale. Use a rubber spatula to get all the chocolate. Now sprinkle the last 1/2 tsp of coconut sugar over the whole batch of chocolate covered kale.
- Place in fridge for only 3 to 5 minutes. No longer. Take out and let sit on the counter for about 10 minutes and dig in! Enjoy!
Do You Love Kale? Here are a few other delicious recipes:
- Crunchy and Sweet Kale Chips
- Kale, Chorizo and Chick Pea Tomato Soup
- Kale, Apple, Lemon & Ginger Salad