So many people are enjoying almond butter lately. It’s now becoming readily available in most markets. Great for people who are allergic to peanut butter. I decided to make a batch of these cups for a friend who is allergic to pb. She loved these and so did my family. This is an easy recipe and really yummy.
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 1 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar or powdered Xylitol
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 2 cups good quality dark chocolate chips, I used Lily’s Sweets
- Almond flour, optional for sprinkling on top
- Chopped almonds for sprinkling on top, optional
- In a small or medium mixing bowl, using a rubber spatula combine the almond butter with the sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate, do this slowly so it does not seize up.
- Place paper liners in a mini muffin pan and using a small cookie scoop, place a dollop of the almond mixture in each cup. Then spoon the chocolate over each cup until completely covered.
- Place in freezer for about an hour then in fridge for another hour or so until firm. Store in fridge up to 3 days or freezer up to 2 weeks.