I like to make these cookies during Christmas-time. The color of the cherries and the poinsettia shape of the cookie press make it so festive. These are one of my daughter’s favorite cookies. She scoops up a few right away just to be sure she gets some.
Dainty Tea Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp extract (almond, brandy…your choice)
- 1 container Candied Cherries, cherries cut in half
- Heat oven to 450 to 500 degrees
- Sift together flour & salt.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add extract.
- Put into a cookie gun with the flower disk.
- Press onto un-greased pans. Then add a 1/2 candied cherry into the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for about 6 minutes. Do not let them burn. Cool on wire racks.