Submitted by: Veronica Gantley
I have a few more cucumbers left in my garden. This year I have been truly blessed. Between my Mother-in-Law and Mrs. Barnes who lives down the street I have a bumper crop of wonderful cucumbers. I have canned dill and bread and butter pickles. I have made the traditional cucumber onion and vinegar salad more times than I care to admit.
I was looking for something a bit different to enjoy these wonderful green jewels of goodness. The chives are not as strong as the usual spanish onions I pair with in this salad. I love the peanuts. They add a bit of texture that goes well with it. I thought about adding some feta cheese, but didnt have any to put in it. Next time I think I will.
Cucumber, Peanut and Chive Salad
- 3 cups peeled and sliced cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the cucumbers and peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk vinegar, oil, chives salt and pepper.
- Add vinegar mixture to cucumber and peanut mixture. Toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
To visit the original recipe, click here.
Other Delicious Salads Recipes: