This cake is anything but shy on crumbs! Enjoy with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea and daydream about the day.
So Simple Crumb Cake Recipe
Yields: 24 servings
- 1 pkg Butter Yellow Cake (plus recommended ingredients)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb of butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 15″ x 10″ baking dish.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed and cook for 20 minutes in baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl with a pastry bender or clean hands.
- Sprinkle crumbs onto hot cake, then return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes more. Be sure to test for doneness.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Enjoy!